Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Botox for a diary...

Blogging…Blogging! Blogging? Et tu Venky? Why not? Joining the fray, to me, after several procrastinations was certainly not serendipitous. Au contraire, I had always wanted to wait, watch, and anticipate a medium that would allow me more flexibility, more room, and probably a wider audience. Should I thank Tim Berners-Lee and team (Hey! Unlike the mass media that cashes in on anything political, believe me, Al Gore has nothing to do with such intellectual innovations…) for laying the foundations for the so-called information autobahn that is now poised to enter the realm of Einstein's world, or should I humbly thank my pal Naresh who introduced me and my cousin Chid to maintain a diary in black against white, on coarse, constricted, dated pages of the calendar - a freebie bestowed by an organization unheard of by me or my ilk in the 70's?

A humble start it was, where the thrill of recording one's activities chronologically superseded the need to cross the boundaries of time and thought! I stuck to the concept of such mundane scribing rather than let my mind soar over timeless pages. The thrill of maintaining a diary (as corroborated by similar acts from renowned persons in the annals of history) overrode my own ideas and confined me and my ideas to a mere 3" x 6" panoply rather than what I actually aspired for. Thanks to peer pressure, this frenzy lasted for just about 1.5 years after which lethargy, indifference, and a general opposition to fixated norms buried this so-called 'good' habit.

With the advent of technology (of which I have been fortunately and closely associated in its various forms), my mindset thankfully metamorphosed to opt for blogging…

And by the time, this teeny corner of my mind is shared by people like you, corporate giants like Oracle and a scientific laboratory like CERN may have made headway in the arena of semantic web and associated ontologies…giving me further hope that I would be able to reach more minds in the process…

Till then, brace yourself to share my outlook, my views and perhaps skewed thought-process, if you will, but I am sure, I shall try to make this sojourn as interesting as possible, if you fall in step with me on the paths I chose to tread…

2 comments:

gadhisunu said...

Go on Mowgli! We will join you in your personal journey through life. We may have a word or two to offer as our comment/observation as you go through the lovely, dark and deep woods. We would like to see more of the movement of technology in your own field, though.

Naresh said...

Bhai, sorry for the delay in responding to your blog. Good to see Venky in cyberspace!

What took you so long to intimate us about your blogs?